To deliver on our priorities, we know that we need to:
- Put people at the heart of what we do, providing a collaborative, safe and inclusive workplace that supports people to build rewarding careers
- Have a proud workforce that are passionate about succeeding together
- Have the systems and data to deliver our plans effectively
- Use innovation to deliver value best value to our customers and our region
- Base decisions on a nature-first approach that recognises all the value added to our business, whether that be natural, financial, human, manufactured, intellectual or social
- Provide resilient water and wastewater services
- Have the financial resources to deliver our plans
- Balance fair returns to our investors with the benefits to customers and stakeholders.
You’re clear that you want us to make sure our business is future proof. This means investing in our people and in our corporate systems, as well as our water and wastewater networks. It’s about keeping everything in good working order, from the health and wellbeing of our teams and the control systems we use to monitor our operations to the physical kit on site.
We need to make sure that our business is resilient enough to cope with an increasing population, the demands of climate change and fluctuating prices and availability of goods and resources. We need to do all this with our local, national and international partners to deliver smarter, innovative solutions to future challenges.
You can read more about operational performance in our Annual Report. We’ll be launching our consultation on our delivery plans for the next five years (2025–30) later in 2022 so watch this space.
In the meantime, have your say on our long-term priorities.