We review our charges every year – these are then approved by our Board.
- The charges below are for the year 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021
- The majority of our customers live at a metered property
- To help you calculate how much your bill may be, please see our water usage guide
Water meters record the amount of water used – we charge the following per cubic metre (one cubic metre = 1,000 litres).
* For normal domestic meters
** In certain circumstances a surface water rebate is available.
Other charging methods
If you don't have a water meter you may be charged in one of the following ways:
- By an assessment of the annual volume of water supplied to your home (assessed).
- By the rateable value of your home at 31 March 1990 (unmetered).
- If your home doesn't have a rateable value and you're not on an assessed charge, a fixed annual fee.
* If you receive a surface water rebate deduct £25.90
* In certain circumstances a surface water rebate is available.
Charges schemes for all Southern Water household customers
Household Charges Scheme 2019–20
Household Charges Scheme 2020–21
Retail Charges Assurance Statement
If you're a South East Water customer and have a water meter, find out how we calculate your sewerage charges.
Charges guide for South East Water customers 2019–20
Charges guide for South East Water customers 2020–21
South East Water metering charges guide 2020–21
If you receive your water from a separate company, find out about our wastewater charges.
Our charges update each year on 1 April – if your billing period spans two charging amounts, we'll calculate your bill accordingly.